argo magnum

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: argo magnum

argo magnum

93 argo 18hp kohler,sat outside for three weeks,got heavy rain and just about the whole tub got full of water,water was mid way up to my battery....got all water out and gave it a boost with my spare battery,she fired up ok,but i think i hava a elictrical problem...my sump pump would not work and the battery would not take a charge,after running for a while...any suggestions would be appreciated...thank you,great site....

My suggestion would be dry it out real good. I have sunk and frozen stuff, and if it's in a place that allows evaporation, that can solve all kinds of evil. I wonder if your battery just deepcycled for the last time from the moisture. And you know what they say, when it's acting weird, it's always always always a bad ground wire. That little piece of wisdom has saved me plenty of figuring

thanks for the reply,it would be great if it dried out and was good again,im not real optomistic,i always think the worst...alternator ,stator,relay, battery,etc...she worked so good before it got wet....thanks again....

Get out a meter and start checking connections to the pump to see if it is getting power. For the battery, take it out and take it to your local auto parts store for a free test.

thanks mike, when i bailed the water out of the engine area i think the starter was in the water when i gave it a boost...after it started i realized,and took the plugs out of the tub,TOO LATE....pretty sure i blew something electrical...tried to boost it today and the starter just made a spinning sound,would not start...this argo stuff is new to me so please bear with me...i noticed a pull cord under the seat and the pulley on the side of the engine...VERY CONVENIENT....saved the day,at least i have my machine home now...she fire rite up on the second pull...i never boost it again,i hope....i think i blew something with the boost and everything being so wet,pretty sure the starter is toast and i could only guess what else...i could live with no starter,but i would like to run my winch and have the battery charge and run my sump,etc..like you said mike,once i find where everything is i can check it.....every thing worked so good,before i drowned it....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...THANKS......

yes, maybe, but again, dry it out good, and clean up the battery terminals, run a trickle charger on the battery DISCONNECTED while it dries. A good starting point before you go digging in things that might not need dug into. My argo has a fuse box

thank you MT,,i did find a fuse box with four 15 amp fuses,i will check them first thing in the morn.. i did have it running today by pull start,after i had my spare battery on for the boost,the starter just spun but did not start...after she was running by pull start,i had no lights or gauges or no electrical,nothing,if things were fine wouldnt the battery charge up....your right saying i should let her dry out...i should have done that BEFORE i jump started her in the first place...i think this is why i have the problems i have now....just trying to figure it all out....i will try everything you suggested...thanks....

Next time, tap the starter with some pliers or something when it tries to engage, and good luck

thank you very much,MT, i will try that also,.....i will take mikes advice and get a meter,...it may be a good time to try and find everything and test if need be...you guys are a great help...thanks again....

close call with wet magnum

this site is very helpful,to say the least....my engine campartment took on water rite up to the mid point on my battery,instead of drying it all out i drained most of the water out and gave it a boost with another battery,,,the starter is at the bottom of my engine and was in water when i jump started it.....this took all the juice out of my battery and there was no power to anything,sump pump,winch,lights,gauges,etc...i was sure i blew some serious electrical stuff..bottom line i charged the battery up,dried it all out and everything works fine now...to change the starter the engine has to come out,the stator and rectifier/regulator is inside of the engine,if you blow any of these things the engine has to come out...hope this is helpful to some people...IT COULD HAVE BEEN A LOT WORSE....my argo also has a pull start...i didnt have to boost it...LIVE AND LEARN....thanks to mastermudder and mike...

+ Reply to Thread