Busco Beach in NC, April 7-9 2017

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC, April 7-9 2017

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    What drone are you flying Mike?
    I'm using a DJI Mavic Pro. It will follow whatever you tell it to so I told it to follow each member at different times. It followed them around the sand/water pits perfectly and rotated around them. The funny thing is that it will recognize objects as either people, cars, boats, etc. and put a symbol next to what it is following to let you know that it recognizes it. For the ATVs, it put a boat symbol next to each one.

Now if they can just figure out how to prevent operator error, we'd have some cool footage.

Mike have you ever flown the phantom 4 and how do you like the mavic pro in comparison. We use the phantom 4 daily but are always interested in what others think about the other Dji drones.

it was a really super gathering this time. great rides with loads of mud and fun. sorry about the drone video mike... but the other videos from you , dan and scott and john will be cool. we did alot of riding and not too many delays from breakdowns. the highlite for me was the saturday ride back past the barn. we hardly stopped at all !! i enjoyed everyones company........johnboy va.

The 2nd day ride on Saturday was the most fun...especially seeing if Mike could make it up that crazy bank, he almost did

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm using a DJI Mavic Pro. It will follow whatever you tell it to so I told it to follow each member at different times. It followed them around the sand/water pits perfectly and rotated around them. The funny thing is that it will recognize objects as either people, cars, boats, etc. and put a symbol next to what it is following to let you know that it recognizes it. For the ATVs, it put a boat symbol next to each one.

Now if they can just figure out how to prevent operator error, we'd have some cool footage.
    Nice! Those Mavics look pretty sweet. I hope you were able to get something while at Busco even if it's not as much as you wanted.

I got a sweet deal on a Solo by 3DR. I hope to have it mastered by Ashtabula.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Delduck View Post
    Mike have you ever flown the phantom 4 and how do you like the mavic pro in comparison. We use the phantom 4 daily but are always interested in what others think about the other Dji drones.
    I have flown a Phantom 4 (non-pro) but only one time so it's not much of a comparison. I mainly flew it to check out DJI's interface to see if I liked it. I kept putting off purchasing one only because of the size. As soon as the Mavic was announced, I was on board but had to wait four months to get one because of the backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Nice! Those Mavics look pretty sweet. I hope you were able to get something while at Busco even if it's not as much as you wanted.
    I got a sweet deal on a Solo by 3DR. I hope to have it mastered by Ashtabula.
    Very cool, that should make for some good footage. I was able to get my normal footage from Busco so at least I got something.

The DJI Mavic Pro was awesome.
    I checked it out on the web, the technology is amazing.
    I want one now. A little pricey but it is cutting edge.

Scott. I also own the Mavic Pro. It is amazing. If you are thinking about getting one I suggest you buy one. It is better than the phantom. The size and camera is a lot better on the Mavic. I too was hesitant on buying it but just pulled the trigger and bought one. Also you get a little more flight time with the Mavic. Good luck on your decision.

Can't wait for videos

Well fellas nice to see everyone who attended again and missed seeing many of the regulars, nice meeting you Tommy and once the clutch is fixed hopefully neither rain, snow nor gloom of night stops it.
    Thanks to all who hooked on to us, thanks to Scott and John for yanking Gil out backwards, thanks to Ralph for getting Tommy back.
    We had a great time with Shanna's parents and aunt showing for the weekend for the fist time, the swamp ride was interesting both days as there were plenty of downfall laying about to detain you.

We ended up heading to TN for the week but that's another story.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread