2011 750 efi with adair tracks and new synthetic cable

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2011 750 efi with adair tracks and new synthetic cable

That is one awesome Argo.

Hi, I put synthetic cable on my 4500lb winch last summer. Before putting it on I sanded the spool and everything to get as smooth as possible. Less abrasion issues. It is just great. I'll never go back to cable. I bought one for my friend to put on his 4 wheeler winch, he loves it.
    Jack

Thanks Jack, Sounds like a good idea. I'm glad your happy with yours, didn't know this stuff existed till a couple of weeks ago.Sure seems like the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by foxvalley View Post
    Thanks Jack, Sounds like a good idea. I'm glad your happy with yours, didn't know this stuff existed till a couple of weeks ago.Sure seems like the answer.
    Just a Note:
    Don't let the Synthetic Rope get wet and freeze, you will never get it off the drum if you need it.

RD

You're right. It happened to me this winter. But what I did is to hook it on something and either back up on with the free spool on or 1 time I did it the same way but by putting my winch in reverse. It worked for me
    Jack

I'm waiting for a reply from applied fiber, one of the companys that makes this stuff, and to let them know what is happening, and to see if they have any solutions. If your stuck you might be in a serious situation, so there should be a way to fix this problem , the last thing a guy needs is frozen cable when he needs it most. I will post my findings.

Wow! An Admiral Tranny, a 31 horse Kohler fuel injected water cooled engine and set of 18 1/2 inch tracks Adair tracks. You got everything that every one else would love to have! What a machine!

I would love to see some video of that bad boy eating some of the swamp around your home, could you post some video ? Congratulations on the ownership of the biggest baddest machine on the planet!
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 03-23-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks, mightymaxIV, I'm very exited about this thing, so far, it just seems to go anywhere. Looking at a "go pro" mini camcorder so I can start posting video. My phone works, but I am mostly alone on my trips, I've dumped this thing in some really bad holes, should make for some good video.

Did someone say video

+ Reply to Thread