Hard Tops for Argos

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hard Tops for Argos

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by dezi View Post
    All Seasons Argo

They make them but are expensive... Not too many out there making hard tops.. I am going to fab my own out of fibreglass this spring / summer.
    Hi Dezi, look at those pics of Argo tops made with a corroplast in the middle and fiberglass inside-outside... Really light (75 pounds) and yet still strong... sentier6x6 Forum There is another made with wood and a lot of time, really well think... one of my favorite sentier6x6 Forum

Martwell
    Last edited by martwell; 03-06-2010 at 02:56 AM.

Very Nice.. I think I will be making me one this year. Should maybe start now to have it ready for next Winter
    Dezi Gebel
    2 Early 70's Argo's Will Merge To Make One!

I've made a few now, I'll try and post some pics tomorrow. But if you click on my avatar or go to the Members Gallery and look up chinook, you'll see some of one I built.

did they upload?

argo 6x6 hard top

Quote Originally Posted by mainemtnman View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone know of a company that makes hard tops/cabs for argos? I found one that makes metal ones, but they are very heavy and extremely expensive.
    hey guys just wantrd to add what i have done. took a 78 cj7 hard top made a frame 9 inches tall out of 11/4 angle set the top on. skerted the freame with !/4 inch plywood removed rear window replaced with lexan also made frame for windsheild and also used lexan for it .light as hell and strong . dorrs also made of angle plywood and lexan with weld on hindges (doors can be removed) had to exstend it out the rear 9 inches as well used some tethlon to fill in the gap but gives me more room for gear
    Last edited by hunter_belle; 12-05-2013 at 10:49 PM. Reason: forgot to add

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_belle View Post
    hey guys just wantrd to add what i have done. ...
    Welcome to the site! My imagination isn't coalescing an image here. Any chance for a picture? I'm thinking a 9 inch top is too short.

If you mean 9 inches over the windshield - then I get it. Pictures are cool anyway.

And again, welcome to the site!

[edit - still thinking about this] Or maybe you added 9 inches all around and then the jeep top fit on that... That makes sense too...

https://www.pioneerrentals.ca/argo-cabs/

Here's the link - hope this helps

There is a gentelman here in Timmins who used to make aluminium frame, lexan sides and a hardtop, they were expensive but very light for the quality of the cab and protection you had. They were made with the Argo OEM windshield and have sliding doors. Visibility was great 360 degrees due to the lexan construction. The sliding doors are a great feature. I have built two based on his design . There are pictures of them on the escargo tracks website. It is the camo conquest.

Dave

I think if the need arose I would make my own. Urethane foam and fiberglass, and lexan panels should be all that's needed. I made a hard top for an old M38A1 jeep out of the same, and it worked out for many years before I sold the jeep off. I also rigged up a JC Whitney aftermarket heat/defrost system and it would run you out of the thing. Today, you can get 12 volt ceramic heater/blowers that should do the trick.

Could you explain what urethane foam is. Can you get it at home depot.

+ Reply to Thread