Primary clutch weights 2011 750HDi

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Primary clutch weights 2011 750HDi

Primary clutch weights 2011 750HDi

Does anyone have a chart as to what weights should be used in the primary clutch for a certain elevation

Thanks in advance

Check your parts manual clutch section.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

In the parts manual they list both the 185g and 220g as high altitude. I would like to know what each size will be its maximum altitude

Thanks for the quick reply

Argo Adventure is a large Argo dealer that always gives great service and is a wealth of info, has the altitudes listed with the clutch weights on their website when you pull up the actual part.

I just drilled out the centers of my Frontiers clutch weights and they told me that 205 grams was an ideal weight for my machine for use in the 8,000-10,000 feet above sea level. I stopped at 207 grams because some of the lower trailheads I start at are in the low 6,000 range and I didn't want to have issues of hitting the rev limiter there. I took my machine out a couple of weeks ago and I went from 6,200 to 9,000 and it ran great. I believe the 185 gram weights are for extreme elevation of 11,000 feet +, but it varies from model to model.

What is your elevation range you are going to operate in?

Mostly 8,000 - 9000 foot range

Thanks

According to their website and the 2011 HDI manual they have on their site as well. The 185 gram (part #127-208) is for 11,000+ feet. The manual lists the 185 and 220 gram as "high altitude" for the EFI models and I can't find the specific elevation range for the 220 gram, but obviously your elevation range would be in the 220 gram range as it is the only step down from the 185 gram. If you don't get up into the RPM range you want at elevation you could drill them out a bit to 210 grams.

The 220 gram part # is 127-209.

The 240 gram is the stock weight for EFI models.

Thank you

Mn

+ Reply to Thread