Argo Springer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Argo Springer

Argo Springer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    bcsteve initially posted this but since it was lost this week I thought I would revive the Argo Springer thread. Hopefully the owner will be stopping by this week but we will see. Perhaps Martwell from sentier 6x6 forum will chime in as well.

Here are the original videos and images that bcsteve posted:

Argo suspension :: Testdelasuspension.flv video by santaria733 - Photobucket
    Argo suspension :: 141_4187.flv video by santaria733 - Photobucket
    MOV0DA.flv video by santaria733 - Photobucket

You can view the entire album here: Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
    Awesome work!

Are You planning to sell this kit as an upgrade to other argo owners? If so what would you be asking for the kit?

Pretty cool stuff.. a labor of love.. and $ and time. I like the short arms keeping the track narrow.. but design is always a bag of compromises. Notice the pic showing vehicles side by side.. the short vehicle is a non frontier with 22" runamuks. The suspended Frontier got to keep it's 24" tires for tracks. So 1/2 the lift is tires and the other 1/2 is suspension compared to the short vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Pretty cool stuff.. a labor of love.. and $ and time. I like the short arms keeping the track narrow.. but design is always a bag of compromises.
    I can count of 1 time that I personally could not fit between 2 trees that everyone else had passed thru,( including Whipper with the Spider). This was on a trail ride in Ashtabula. At Ledges the year before, Whip said they all blazed a new trail for everyone one night. Rarely are there times you can't fit somewhere, even if you have to go a different way, which is what you have to do sometimes when it's stock. Haven't said anything yet, but when I see cars with 12 or 16 wheels on them (extensions), I think to myself what people use to say about our Springers, "That won't fit on the trails I like to ride on". Springers fit a lot more places than anyone can imagine.

Bridget

am deleting this stuff, too off topic chit chat..
    Last edited by Roger S; 01-16-2010 at 11:31 PM.

That's simple Roger. Don't follow John.

Bridget

Last edited by Roger S; 01-16-2010 at 11:30 PM.

That's funny about John leading you down the path. Next time, you be the leader. That problem will be solved.

Good question about Godzilla Might not be this weekend. We've got plans for an entertaining video, too. Can't just throw up anything. You guys deserve more. It's been over 2 years, whats a few more days.

Bridget

Hey all, im pretty pushed for time at the moment but i would love some information + pricing for the above kit on an avenger 8x8, VERY interested.

Hi Trueblue, PM me and i will give you more info on those kits by e-mail, thanks

Martwell

Talking Argo Sprigner update!!!!

Hi guys, i got more pics of Argo Sprigner, my friend built couple more of these machines during the last months. Here is the pics of a 2000 Response and a 1992 Vanguard. He's just finished a 2004 Avenger and it's really a big difference compare to the old non-sprigner version... What we heard so far from new Sprigner owner is that the machine gain a lot more traction comming from the 6 ou 8 wheels sticking to the ground, they could go to place they never go before. Two of the new owner are logger and they can take tree out of bad places with more ease.

Martwell

Response waiting for suspension kit

Complete suspension kit

New long splined front shaft(new) with bearing relocated inside with a greased plate

New short splined middle shaft

Vanguard with new suspension

sentier6x6 Forum

+ Reply to Thread