Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig View Post
NO-ONE is trashing this machine, to see the concept put in practice is awesome, but there are plenty of other machines out there, you can tear around on if a Cadillac ride is what you want. SPRUNG suspension will do absolutely nothing to increase your speed, if thats what your looking for, buy a QUAD. You can only "Power Up" a CHAIN DRIVEN rig to a point, after that your just destroying it, chain stretch, bearing wear, snapped/broken axles ect.
Go back to the Gallery Section and tell me how much ground clearance I would have gained with them Moose I have in MY FACTORY RIGS in a springer,NONE. Humans always have a habit of trying to re-engineer things that don't need it. You can "SPRING" your ARGO all day long and actually believe it will take you over ROCKY TERRAIN faster, you still have ARGO rims and tires on, what about popping beads ect. I have been running these rigs since 1976 and after the first trip or two cannot remember a time when I've come home with my teeth rattled or a sore spine. Bent/Broken axles, I've had more than my fair share, back when I was 13 -16 and using them as a great 'TOY" commonly known as driver abuse, Each to their own is the way. For me, Ontario Drive and Gear did it right, getting rid of the roll pinned axle sprockets for Splined shafts ect. I'm More than happy with my 83 and 84 8 wheelers, and would take this rig on in my home turf anyday. Your approach speed to crossing/climing over anything would still be the same unless you want to be over the hood, ground speed, no difference, probably slows you down somewhat, So unless your a die hard out in the bush geriatric patient with severe spinal problems, save your money.
CERTIFIED ARGO NUT.
Besides a more comfortable ride the biggest appeal of adding suspension is additional traction.