argo 6x6 selt belts

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: argo 6x6 selt belts

argo 6x6 selt belts

I wanted to know if the argos have seat belts? I would obviously have a roll bar and would want to make sure the kids stay in the vehicle at all times!

Not that I have seen, Some kids are just too small to be riding around in an Argo, never mind the chance of rolling, almost impossible if you watch what your doing , the fact that the skid steering can and will cause them to be tossed around if they are not old/strong enough to hang on, running into head butts ect, All you would end up with is a lap belt which is not a guarantee of them not been injured...I flipped an Argo six end over end into a creek last year, I missed my exit point from the creek and upon going back across it, I drove into an old Beaver lodge entrance in the bank. Before I knew what was what, I saw the arse end of the machine arcing over my head, I managed to get crossways in the drivers comp, before the Argo ended up , upside down, on top of me in the creek. Managed to get out and get her flipped right side up but I'll tell you I'm GLAD I was not strapped in. I have been running Argo's since 1976 and am very proficient in their use, but as you see, s--t does happen. Best to leave the real youngsters home if your planning a trip or get an older child/adult to sit by them if just going around the field/yard..Hope that helps Ya..
    Last edited by Bushpig; 01-13-2010 at 08:07 PM.

seatbelts

thanx for the tip. they r 7 and 11. Just lack of attention sometimes

I started out in ARGO'S at the age of 13, 46 now Trainguy, it really is a matter of educating them on how your machine drives ect. The 11 year old will be fine (after his first trip across the back of your machine on a tight turn ,hahaha), Years ago we installed some eye bolts around the passenger comp, 1 at front behind the drivers seat, one central and one at the rear, spliced some 1"inch nylon rope to them as a handhold (you had a little give that way, instead of a fixed rail) and were taught the drill. Is just a matter of teaching them to "PAY ATTENTION" and read the terrain ahead and warn them if your going to spin donuts in the mud or ice is all and to watch for obstacles that you may/will "bounce" over. Have fun with them, it is how I started off, OUT WITH DAD and I'm still going 35 years later. I still have the original 76 (she's retired and going to become my new trailer) I have an 84 with the 18 hp twin in her and was given a factory condition 83 16 hp Techumseh heavy duty with "CARB" issues, hahaha (NO MORE). Runs like a charm..(SEE GALLERY).
    CERTIFIED ARGO NUT.

My Conquest 6x6 has a full cage and seat belts. I am working on remounting the seat belt and I will take some pictures. I came up with a pretty slick method of mounting them, but let me see how it works out before I post again.

If you buy the argo roll bar it comes with seat belts but you loose the back seats. I have to have a roll bar and belt if I want to go back to Pismo cause
    new California law says im to big to be a ATV so now i fall under the UTV class which has to have seat belts and roll bar, So I my not be going back to the beach.

I was about to say after my last episode that I would recommend a roll cage for the 6 hahahaha, but in 33 years of running ARGO's I know of two people who have managed to roll an 8. I actually had T-shirts made for them PROUD MEMBER OF THE ARGO IDIOTS CLUB, Then of course last year I took over as PRESIDENT, both their rolls were side-overs, mine was an end over. A roll cage would have its merits , but for me its like a lot of the fixed tops, they limit your enjoyment time in the bush up here due to constantly getting out to cut deadfall leaners ect out of the way, when with a fold down top I can generally squeak under them. Once again all a matter of what you use your machine for, type of terrain, young kids as passengers ect.
    CERTIFIED ARGO NUT.

you guys all make good points. i am in the prosses of looking for a used argo! when i find one i will put up a pic.

Hey guys i found a good place to buy seat belts.They have two styles the plain belt and the retractable.one is 17 and the other 26 each .i bought them from buggies unlimited.they look to be pretty good quality and made well. i hope i put this in the right place i am trying.

Here's the link. Golf Cart Seat Belts
    By the way......really cool name!

+ Reply to Thread