Argo IC 1981-1986

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo IC 1981-1986

Smile Argo IC 1981-1986

I was trying to figure out what argo i have. I called up the mechanic and he said that I have an argo IC. ive never heard of that model. does anyone have one. i want to see some pictures of it if possible. does anyone know anything about these? thanks.

Hi,

I have an I/C 8x8. It's just an ordinary argo with the double fifty chains and sprockets. It has a 17 Kohler and is a 1984 version.

Newf

I have a I/C model. It is a 1985 8x8 with an 18 Kohler and has double 50 chains all the way around, a double hull, and hydraulic brakes. Here is a picture of it. Argo 8X8 - Amphibious ATV Pictures

ok cool. yea mine has the kohler 17 twin. with the double 50 chains.

the idler chains are 40x2 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    ok cool. yea mine has the kohler 17 twin. with the double 50 chains.

the idler chains are 40x2 right?
    Yeah, the idler chains are smaller than the rest.

1981 saw the introduction of the first Argo 8 I/C (Industrial/Commercial) with hydraulic steering brakes. This model rapidly captured 60% of the market share.

The Argo 6 Twin was introduced in 1985. Powered by the Briggs & Stratton, 656 cc twin cylinder I/C engine, the 6 Twin replaced the Argo 6 Heavy Duty. Following the success of this model, ODG introduced the Argo 8 Twin as a smooth running successor to the Argo 8 Heavy Duty.

The extensive redesign of the Argo 8 I/C in 1987 made this vehicle the most popular model in the Argo line-up.

1989 saw the end of a fifteen-year run as the last Tecumseh powered vehicle came off the assembly line. But with the end of that era, a new one began. In 1989 ODG introduced the Argo 8x8 Magnum and the Argo 6x6 Magnum. The Argo 8x8 Magnum name was adopted to identify the top-of-the-line model that now featured new clutch components and a transmission ratio to respond to customer requests for higher land speed. The Argo 6x6 Magnum followed with similar upgrades.

The above was taken from the ODG Corporate History section of their web site. Now you know...the rest of the story.

Good info. seeing as I own a magnum what would it be compared to? response avenger conquest?

Hello I just recently bought a 1985 argo 6x6 and it also has the 18stupid hp magnum. Did that come in the I/c version?
    By the way have you had any issues with turning? Im a new owner and im not sure about adjustments yet. Thanx

+ Reply to Thread