Older argo service manual?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Older argo service manual?

Older argo service manual?

Hi all, I am new to this world of argo's. Just bought two that I plan on restoring. I need some help though. I am wondering if anyone has a service
    manual of any kind (pdf file perhaps). I am willing to pay for it. Thanks
    also posted pic of units, not sur about year, any ideas? thanks Law.
    Attached Images

As Don commmented on your pictures in the gallery asking if they were ABS plastic bodies, if they were they would be early 1970's. ABS plastic isnt nearly as flexible as the later polyethelene bodies. If these machines were polyethelene, they would probably be late 1970's or early 1980's. What engines are in them, 440cc two cylinder two stroke or a 16hp overhead valve Tecumseh single? If it is a Tecumseh it is probably 1980's. I like that hard top too, I believe I saw that in an old Argo brochure and it sure is a rare option. Excellent purchase!!!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Service and parts Manual

Hello Lawdude, I got couple of these manual in hand but I need to know your Argo serial number to see if my manuals can be useful to you... mine starts in 1977.... I would like to know were in Canada are you from, I'm from Québec...

Martin

Hey Martwell...I've just purchased an older ARGO as well. Mine is a Twin with a serial number of SB 8672. It was built in October 1988 and has a Briggs 16 hp Twin engine.

I'd like to know if I could maybe buy a Service Manual from you, if you have the right one. I'm located North of Kingston, Ontario. Are we very far from each other?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
    Hi all, I am new to this world of argo's. Just bought two that I plan on restoring. I need some help though. I am wondering if anyone has a service
    manual of any kind (pdf file perhaps). I am willing to pay for it. Thanks
    also posted pic of units, not sur about year, any ideas? thanks Law.
    This might help it has alot of manuals. heres a link. Cougar
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...ypes-argo.html
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

Service Manual

I have a service manual that covers models from 1977 to 1986 both 6 and 8 wheelers. I have it in PDF format. It is approx. 12 mb in size so it is difficult to send via email.

Let me know if you would like a copy I can get it to you.

Glen

How did you go with manual, I have parts manual, but thats it

I recently purchased what is believed to be a 1987 Argo Magnum 6x6. Are service and parts manuals available for this machine. Does anyone know where I can locate the serial number? Thank you for your help. (A new owner of an old but nice Argo).

Hey Nelson, Magnum's started in 1989 if you have a pic i could tell you what you have, the serial number should be on a little tag on the dash of your Argo, however if its a bit older they came on the firewall

hi all im ALLEN i also bought a argo 6 dont know to much about it on the tag on the dash it says 2267 any body have any ideas it has a twin kohler 399cc run well needs a bit of tlc any info on what i might have would be great and maybe a place to get a manual also would be awsome thanks

+ Reply to Thread