Argo Chain Issues

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Chain Issues

Argo Chain Issues

I have a conquest tore apart in my garage that needs all the chains and bearings replaced. I have double 40 roller chain all the way around the machine. What i need is a list of the amount and type of bearings i need. I know that the inner and outer bearings are different, but what about the idler shaft bearings??? Are they different bearings alltogether or are they the same as either the inners or outers?? I would really like to be able to walk into the parts store and order every bearing and seal i need all at once. I also need to know what pitch the chain is, the guy at the parts counter said that he needed that to order the chain. Thanks a ton everyone, i sure appreciate this.

be sure your machine need different bearings inside and out because mine (1987) use the same everywhere on the chain drive. (NBK serial number)

I ordered mine from SASBearings.com

inner and outer bearings were UC206-20 paid 5.64$us at SASBearings.com

7.60$can for a dual lip spring loaded seal timken 471737

Paid 10$can per foot for double 50 roller chain (Hitachi branded)
    Last edited by smog; 04-04-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Awesome man, thanks for the help. I will check and see if they are different when i get home next week. Mine is a late nineties conquest, so I am not sure if it is the same or not.

Hi Dale
    I'm going to second guess you a little here, I hope you don't mind

Are you sure you have double 40 chain all around? I am not an expert on all conquest models by any means, but I have never seen a conquest with double 40 chain on the axles. Double 50 or single 60 on all of the ones that I know of (single pitch).

Your back 2 chains on each side should be 5ft each......Are you buying 10ft rolls?
    If so, that's 2 rolls, and you will need 2 more rolls to complete the rest, with some left over (Trans to idler, idler to front, idler to second) I don't remember the lengths.

Idler shaft brngs will be the same as your outer axle brngs. You will need 12 of these.
    Your inner axle brngs are probably UCX05-16 if you have the smaller inner brngs ( you probably do). you will nee 8 of these.
    Seals, you will need one of each for each axle (2 seals per axle):
    102-14 oil seal (need 8 of these)
    102-15 oil seal (need 8 of these)

You will also need 2 cork seals per axle to seal the brng housing to the tub (only available from Argo, unless you make them yourself) (need 16 of these)

Argo used to put a thin card gasket/seal in the inner brng assembly, but you really don't need them (actually I don't think you can even get them any more)

Hope this helps

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Are you sure you have double 40 chain all around? I am not an expert on all conquest models by any means, but I have never seen a conquest with double 40 chain on the axles. Double 50 or single 60 on all of the ones that I know of (single pitch).
    update : mine is double 50 chains all around as Rock Doctor said

Howdy

Rd, i do not mind you second guessing me, thats why i asked the question. I must have been mistaken about the double 40, as it sounds to me like i will need double fifty. Thanks a ton for all the info, i sure appreciate it. I am in hawaii right now, but as soon as i get home i will tear back into this puppy. Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by dale7637 View Post
    I have a conquest tore apart in my garage that needs all the chains and bearings replaced.
    I would order a Argo genuine part number for 1 of each item you need then take the parts to your local industrial bearings supplier for a cross reference and save the argo "tax" (markup)

Morse Chain

I have found a bunch of well priced chain, but i am a little worried about the quality. Does anyone know if morse brand chain is any good?

Morse is one of the best chains you can get. It's made by Emmerson in USA. Lots of the other stuff like RBL is made in CHINA and is junk.

+ Reply to Thread