tire size,question could be a sad tale .

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tire size,question could be a sad tale .

tire size,question could be a sad tale .

hi, i recently bought a brand new argo avenger , with rubber tracks , had trouble with the tires spinning in the tracks , relized they sold me an argo wth 24 in tires, so i called them they said oh crap, sent me 25-12.00 tires,, all well and fine on there behalf , but in the owners manual it says my argo should have 25-11.50 tires , will these wider tires fit in my track guides?
    i sure hope so

I thought the guides are installed according to what tire you use. If they're set for the 10" wide 24 tire, it'd be too narrow for either of the 25's. The tires they sent you were used on the Bigfoot 6 wheeler. The 25x11.5 was the standard tire for avengers. It is taller and narrower than the 25x12. New avengers should have the new argo tire, not the rawhides they sent you. But they are more $ than the 24's. Or to put it another way, an avenger with the 24's cost significantly less than an avenger with the new 25" argo tire(not the goodyear rawhides). I would think you need tracks made for the 25's(longer). Did they take your 24's back?
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

they want them back , although i feel reluctant to ship them back b4 i know these 25's will work
    i put the tracks on last night , they are a little tight with 6 pounds air will try running 4 and see what happens.
    the guides do fit snuggly and the tire fits all the way down to the track, but i can move the guide out one more hole but that would give me a bit more then an inch , and then it would be sloppy i think ,
    how tight should the guides be on the sidwall of the tire?

I don't know. Argo should tell you how long the track should be, and where the guides are supposed to be according the the tires you use.

Quote Originally Posted by bart oosterbaan View Post
    hi, i recently bought a brand new argo avenger ,........ sent me 25-12.00 tires,,................but in the owners manual it says my argo should have 25-11.50 tires , will these wider tires fit in my track guides?
    i sure hope so
    Hi Bart, the 25 -12.00 tires they sent you may well be Rawhide 111 tires designed for the Bigfoot, as Roger said,but if they say ARGO on the sidewall then they are the fabulous new tire that all Avengers are supposed to be shipped with now. Tell us what name is on the sidewall. Argo needs to update their manual because the Rawhide 111 tires are old news now except on the Centuar.

they say argo on the side

OK, that means you can forget much of what I said, I assumed they sent you goodyear rawhides. The tires they sent you are the best ones available. I still can't answer what holes to use for the track guides. Thanks Philip.
    Last edited by Roger S; 05-02-2010 at 07:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread