2002 argo bigfoot

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2002 argo bigfoot

2002 argo bigfoot

Hey guys, so is a 2002 argo bigfoot (18 hp brigs) with winch, 12 v outlet, elec. fan and extra lights with 150 hours worth 4800$ ? Or is it too much money. its in good shape with no issues and doesnt smoke.

24 views and no responce. I tried to find values on nadaguides but was unsuccessfull. I plan on picking this up saterday and was trying to get some input.... anyone. is there anything special to know about 2002 models? Also how much does this thing weight?? i cant find info anywhere...

not sure where you are, but i bought a 2000 bigfoot with windsheild, winch, plow, and canopy last fall for 6000.00. it also included super tracks for an eightwheel argo that had never been used. as for weight, i think that it is about 750lbs. hope that this helps you out

Darin
    mud and ice

the bigfoot is closer to 1000 lbs and placeing value on something we cant see is very hard to do. if it is worth it to you to have an awsome machene it is with in the range of proper value, good luck
    PS chech wheels off the ground for bearing wear
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

Sounds like a fair price if everything works and doesn't need anything. Drive it before you buy it and if you can get the wheels off the ground or drive it in the pond to see if it needs any bearings.

Hey i sold My 2002 Big foot for $5000 last november.I loved that machine but i wanted a 8 wheeler(and got one).
    Check the bearings and chains, and grease the hell out of it.

Does anyone have any photos of a stock roll bar/cage for the bigfoot. I want to make my own but have a stock look. I plan on adding a windshield as well so i dont want to interfear with that. Thanks for the help guys- anyone in Vermont?

Hi All,
    Here are my thoughts on buying a second hand Argo. First jack the vehicle off the ground and check the axles, if any are loose they need to be replaced along with the seal hosing and seal combo and the bearings. Next remove the floor plates and check the chains, if they are streatched and the tensioners are not doing there job the chains will have to be replaced. Check the front short chains and make sure they are not streatched to the point that they rub on the floor. If they have rubbed the floor there could be a hole in the floor under the chain. After you have your list parts that have to be replaced subtracked the price of these parts from the asking price. Have a real good look at the chains, if the wrong chain lubrication was used the chains will seize up. Use only an approved chain lube not greese.
    I would not put a roll cage on any argo unless you are not going to use the vehicle in water. The roll cage will make the Argo top heavy and subject to roll over. This just my opinion on all these suggestions. Paul
    Last edited by ve1sar; 05-15-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling

I bought my 1998 bigfoot last year for $3700 Canadian. Has quite a few hours on it though 580. it has a cage, windshield, 2 spare tires w/rims, 4700 lbs winch, and receiver hitch. Had a few things wrong with it that i didn't notice when i bought it though. Solenoid for winch was cracked, right brake and rotor complete wore out, no air cleaner, every tire had a bead leak,and the cage wasn't square. So i had and still have to do some work to it. But all in all I am happy with the purchase and have had a blast in it. I also bought an atv plow and mount, then built a mount for the argo that uses the front wheel bearing extension and then a sub frame runs all the way back to the hitch. Your deal seems pretty good to me.

So I picked it up. Worked it down to 4300. Seems pretty good put about 2 hours on it when I got home. So I found there to be so water in the trans, I will change it Tom but while there was viscosity still the color was off. Can some one explain how the tensioners for the chain work, also what lube do you use in the trans 80-90 weight. What do you use to replace stock air filter? What grease is reccomended for bearings? Ep0 ep2? Does any one know the bearing demensions for the axels I have access to super presicion aerospace bearings at manufacturing cost and was thinking about upgrading to some stronger double sealed tappered roller bearings. These things are tough, think we use them in gearboxs of apache or something

+ Reply to Thread