Electric fuel pump question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Electric fuel pump question

Electric fuel pump question

For those who have installed an electric fuel pump, did you run it in line with vaccum pump? How do you have yours plumbed?

On my Bigfoot, I just ran it in line with the vaccum pump. I have it wired in to a toggle switch and only use it on steep hills when I know that it is going to starve for fuel. I also wired in an idiot light so I don't leave it on all of the time. Look under your seat and there is probably a mount already there for the pump. I just cut the existing line & plumbed it in. I'll have to look for sure, but I think that I used a 5 amp fuse.

McCoy
    I Love the Smell of KLOTZ in the Morning. It Smells Like....... HORSEPOWER!

I've done this on my 8x8 completely bypass the vacuum pump.
    put a tee in the line and put a carbueretor jet in the extra hose and run it back to the gas tank.
    the jet size is determined by your location and engine size(trial and error).
    It works great for the cheap electric pumps found in any auto parts store(4 cylinder carbuereted pump)

+ Reply to Thread