Attaching handles to rear body...HELP

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attaching handles to rear body...HELP

Attaching handles to rear body...HELP

Hey everyone, I am trying to attach some handles to the rear of my 8X8 Avenger. Tried some "rivnuts" basically a rivet with a 1/4" nut in the middle, but they pull out of the body when crimped ( plastic is too soft)! How do people here attach handles etc. to the rear tub? Would 1/4" screws hold? Body looks to be approx. 1/4" thick where I want to mount them, but they have to be able to hold up to abuse as grab handles. Thought about bolts but I can't access the under side to put nuts on , without removing upper body ( not an option). Any help would be appreciated.
    If it looks like you can't make it, you probably can't, but what the hell you can call in sick tomorrow......right?

you can use drywall butterflys that you can get at any hardware store
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

Can you fabricate a backup plate to rivet through to?

They make backup washers for the rivitnuts

for the back up plate, or washer I can't access the back (it is under the seats, see pic where I mounted). Used "Jack Nuts" and they seem to be strong enough.......time will tell. The Jack nuts expand when tightened up, and have a 1/4" nut in the middle. Handles are stainless core with soft rubber outer.
    If it looks like you can't make it, you probably can't, but what the hell you can call in sick tomorrow......right?

+ Reply to Thread