Argo 8x8 for plowing snow

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo 8x8 for plowing snow

Argo 8x8 for plowing snow

Hey guys.

I'm looking for real world experience and/or opinions on how good an Argo 8x8 would work for plowing snow on my fairly steep (a little less than 45 degrees), paved, 0.2 mile driveway.

I've currently been using my neighbor's Bombardier ATV with a plow. It works well, but I'm looking to get my own machine. I've wanted an Argo since I was kid and in my search for an ATV, I ran across this one on Craigslist:

Argo 8 wheel amphibious vehicle

We typically get snow around 4 to 8 inches at a time during the winter. Last winter was the exception with a couple 12+" events. I'm thinking the Argo with 8 wheel drive would be able to easily plow my driveway. The steepness is the issue. I've tried other ATVs and have failed. Only my neighbor's big Bombardier seems to do the job.

What do you guys think?
    Also assuming it's in good shape (haven't gone to look at it yet), is $4500 a good deal for this one?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

Have a great 4th.

i can easliy tell you that if the quad works well, the argo 8x8 willl be absolutly wonderful to plow snow. i have a 97 conquest with an 82 inch blade and no troubles pushing a full blade of snow and then some. works even better with no tracks. hope this helps you out
    mud and ice

+ Reply to Thread