Early Argo is Alive!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Early Argo is Alive!

Early Argo is Alive!

Well after a year of it sitting and me deciding I'll pull the motor and put something that actually runs in it's place I thought I would have one last look, deciding there is no fuel I thought the pump had gone, took it apart and there was nothing wrong with it, it's pumped fuel after I put it back together and so i stripped and cleaned the carm for hte 10th time, all passages are clear so why the hell is there no fuel. Well the old main jet and holder had broken off meaning I needed a new float bowl, and main jet assembly, looking at the old carb I noted that it had a fixed jet and the bolt that held the float bowl had no provision for jetting as this was located on the side. The extraction of the old jet had holes drilled in the side to allow fuel up to the main jet, the new one did not! after all this time, 2 small holes drilled in the float bowl bolt and it ran, and has not stopped since. Now to tackle the wheel bearing!

Awesome News!!! I bet your excited! Good luck with bearing and hope your off having a good ole time in your argo in no time!

I just did the bearings and seals and chains in my 84 argo if this is about the same year the bearing # are sa206-20 or uc206-20 and the seals#are timken 471413 the factor bearing are sa206-20 hope this helps

if you have carb problems later the flange size on most are 2and1/2 inch so most twin carb snowmobiles might fit like the older artic cat the 32mm mic carb works good on my tec engine

lets see some pictures.

A few mods have been made to fit the mounting holes are moved in with a rat tail file, 3/8 nuts are cut for spacers i'll have to try to get the pic on this site

photo gallery i'm new with this site so it was the only way i found in the short time i've got before work hope it helps someone

+ Reply to Thread