Argo Tire Questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Tire Questions

Argo Tire Questions

I know this should be in the tire forum, but I wanted some answers from guys who own and run argos. I have a conquest with the factory runamucks. I am looking for replacement tires, and I have a few questions. I think my tire size is 22x11x8. I realize that the 22 is height, but which is rim width and which is rim diameter? What other sizes will fit these rims? What is the best tire option for an 8x8? I have looked at the tires on the new hdi's, but being 25" tall will i run into clearance problems axle to axle, or between the tub and tires? I ride in lots of sticky clay, and the last thing that I want to do is rub the tub with mud stuck to tires. What else is a good tire option? In my opinion taller is better to try and gain some ground clearance, but I still need to be able to get my supertracks on the machine. Thanks in advance for the help everyone.

if you would like the best tire for mud and water. i would go to argo and get the new 22X10X8 tires (made by carlise but not avalible except at argo dealers. 8 is rim diameter, 11 or 10 is tire width. that would be my choice for tires, i ride in a wide variaty of conditions, from dry hard to wet muskeg and everything in between. also run in the winter with and without tracks.if you do not want to run tracks i would say to go for the 24X10X8 frontier tires. both have the same tread as runamuks just deeper and heavier bars accross the tire.
    mud and ice

Hi Dale, I'm in the same boat your in. I have had suggestions to go with bigger tires on new rims and keep your runnamucks on the original rims for the tracks but I can't justify the cost in that. For what I use my machine for I am getting some cheaper tires so I can still run my tracks. I do mostly fall and winter driving and only need to swim on the odd beaver dam crossing, I'm never in that much of a hurry so if it does'nt swim as good I'm ok with that. The 11 is for thickness that fits inbetween your track guides and rim is 8". Tracks will only run with 22" tires if you go any bigger you will rub a hole in her. hope this helps.
    Mike

have a look in the royal distributing cataloge. they have duro tires that are a nice cheap argo replacement tire.plus their canadian eh!.

+ Reply to Thread