questions from a newbie

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: questions from a newbie

This has been an interesting thread. I haven't had a chance to re-install the engine in my project yet and after reading this I'm glad I procrastinate. I will explore a remote oil drain system when the time comes to re-install.

I second the ziploc back ideal. I also line the bag with a absorbant pad. If you get it positioned right you can catch all of the oil.

Best way to drain oil. Use 5/16" or 1/4" plastic tubing inserted into the dipstick tube.( insert until it hits bottom) Take a plastic gas can and drill the vent hole to snugly fit the outside diameter of the tubing. Insert the tubing from the dipstick tube into this hole. Attach a shop vac to the fill nozzle on the gas can using a rubber coupling with hose clamps. Turn on the vac and crack a cold one. This works for every kind of difficult oil drain and no oil can go into the vac. Very neat and clean.

The vacuum system is the way to go. I use a friends system to change the oil in the Avenger and as vader said.... it's a fire and forget system.

Vader like the gas can idea. when you go to dispose of the used oil just use the spout to pour it out. Note: To environmentally approved disposal facility. I think i said that right.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    this is a simple oil extractor I built a while back. it is a rigid plastic drinking bottle. i drilled a hole and crammed a length of 1/4" fuel line in the hole and sealed it to the bottle with silicone. then put some 1/4 O.D. hose inside the fuel line. the 1/4 OD hose fits down the dipstick tube (all the way to the bottom of the crankcase). i put the shop vac over the opening at the top of the bottle and it draws the oil up and out the dipstick tube
    Really nice tool racerone, i never tought about that... Be sure that i will spread the word if someone ask me for a cheap siphon tool... Thanks again

Martwell

I went to Canadian Tire and bought a transfer pump (double acting). One tube in the dipstick hole and the other tube goes in your drain pan. Absolutely simple and clean.

+ Reply to Thread