argo transmission trade out

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: argo transmission trade out

argo transmission trade out

Hey can anyone out there tell me if a trans out of a 2004
    will fit into a1987 .
    Or what year will fit cause my old one is dead and a store bought
    is not possible thanks Nody

Depends on what your fab skills are like, what model your '87 is, what model the '04 trans came out of........and what is wrong with your current one?
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

when the trans died in my 85', I found my local dealer. he has been selling Argo for a long time. he went up in the attic of his shop and dug around for a while. an hour later I left there with enough good used parts to rebuild mine. I certainly can't say that all or even many would be this helpful, but it's worth a try. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...aler-ever.html
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks Guys but I didn't realize the trans. were different model to model. I bolted a trans from a 1980 hd right in but it
    only has one speed and i was thinking that newer would be better? Of the 8-10 trans i've seen on benches
    they seemed the same. Again these were older types and I didn't measure anything. I can have my old one rebuilt for
    $1200.00

No problem, $1200 is pretty steep though, there really is not too much to the tranny's, so i would not be afraid of splitting yours and see why you only have one gear, even if it ground one gear and the rest are fine you could just pick up a new gear, if the trans came out of a TH series then it will have low/hi, so just crack it open and have a look then you can go from there and we would be glad to help ya get it going again
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

+ Reply to Thread