Don't see many hard tops why?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't see many hard tops why?

Don't see many hard tops why?

98 Conquest . Bought a hard top thinking it would be the utlimate set up for hunting. Is there something I,m not seeing?

Couple things:

They make you top heavy.
    They hang you up in the trees.

My 2 cents :-)

I just don't think many were ever made. As RD said you have to be careful about the trees. As far as top heavy, I never felt that but I have always been on well established trails when I had the top on. I can say they are nice when its raining out. They also don't get torn up like a soft top in the brush. One problem for me is they get really hot when its warm out. I installed a small fan to move some fresh air in.

Love my hard tops, first ones were out of steel and I put to much on top. learned not to do that. Using Alum. now size and shape play a big part too.

I have an original Argo fiberglass hardtop on my mid-80's 8x8. It is VERY heavy, taking two people to put it on and off. It does keep you totally dry, but it also has zero ventilation and fogs like crazy. I don't like it because it keeps me from crossing deep water, as it makes way too top heavy. Argo has a warning issued on this.

I'm in Homer, Alaska, and the top's for sale for $950. It would be great for someone if crossing deep water isn't an issue.

Planter Bob

+ Reply to Thread