Many improvements to the 83

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Many improvements to the 83

Many improvements to the 83

It's been a great week for the argo, getting ready for caribou seasons. The family is excited and we drive it every day lately. I will get pictures later, but for your amusement:
    Switched to max wheels with better beads
    Have enough tires to make them all match soon, rawhides ( there are 23 tires in my yard )
    Replaced rollpins with 2 inch grade 8 bolts, and safety wired them in (instead of nuts)
    removed crappy old top and rebuild inside the rollcage, hangs in there like a tent, awesome
    discovered hh-66 for gluing vinyl together
    added runnin lights from walmart, big square ones, awesome
    Reattached droopy skidplate, and bolted instead of rivets, with big fender washers
    Made a plywood bed in the back that is hinged, kids love it, dad loves it
    added wood sideboards and seatback from 2x10, works great and holds cupholders
    wired in original headlights, all for lights on one switch, looks so madmax
    added harbor freight winch
    sound insulated firewall with army wool blanket (read that wool is a great sound insulator, it is!

I guess that is about it, but man do I feel good about it. Did a lot of little smarty pants things, but I will just let the pictures tell that story, maybe I will do it now.

Trying to think of a good gps setup, and I don't like the handhelds, so I might add a car gps. The kids fall right asleep in back on that plywood bed with pillows and blankets. We are not done yet, but having a great time getting there. Of course the cardboard is a mockup door, but shannon liked it tonight, and set we should just duck it and keep it!

here are some before, intermediate, concept, and finally current images

nice work mt.when we going caribou hunting.lol

Great job. Do you have any trouble with the battery where it is located?

Newf.

the windshield does not fold anymore but the big battery is nice for the winch, lights, radio, gps, and cold wx starting. i have even thought of carrying a spare in the original location

Nice job!!

+ Reply to Thread