Where to put a Lakewood bilge pump?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to put a Lakewood bilge pump?

Where to put a Lakewood bilge pump?

I have a 87 8 wheel I/C and was wondering where everyone is putting a bilge pump. It is a standard boat pump but seems to be too big to drop it in the bottom of the driver's side chain channels. It would definitely be eatten by chains. Any suggestions would be great.

RogerS mounted his here:

You can read about what he did here: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...html#post13821

You could also move it between the inner frame rails which is out of the channels but it still serves its purpose in case the Argo gets flooded. It's probably best to keep it towards the front half of the Argo since it is nose heavy in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    RogerS mounted his here:

You can read about what he did here: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...html#post13821

You could also move it between the inner frame rails which is out of the channels but it still serves its purpose in case the Argo gets flooded. It's probably best to keep it towards the front half of the Argo since it is nose heavy in the water.
    That's the best spot, IMHO, but it's hard to find a pump to fit. Also, in my riding conditions it's almost impossible to keep the pump Intake from plugging up with a mix of Leaves, Spruce needles, Sticks, Muskeg, and chain oil, lol.

RD

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Those spruce needles must cause a lot of problems, RD. I was in Alaska visiting, friends had a rural home with rainwater collection and an electronic #2 diesel on demand hot water heater. It quit working the day we arrived, and was fixed the day we left

Has a spruce needle slip through the intake screen and into a valve.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

+ Reply to Thread