Lots of slack in handbrake cable

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lots of slack in handbrake cable

Lots of slack in handbrake cable

After a trip this weekend I noticed my handbrake didn't work. I have an 08 avenger 700 with 25 hours on it. There is way too much slack to adjust out. It is like the cable came off a pulley inside the tub. There is one pulley I can see. Is there another hidden inside? Does anyone have an idea what the problem is? Thanks for any help.

OK, nevermind. I got some time to work on it some more and figured it out. You have to take the handbrake handle off and look in the slot there with a flashlight and you'll see a small bracket that holds the end of your brake cable. My cable had slid through that. I removed the bracket, squeezed the bracket shut a little with pliers and reinstalled it. Works great now. Tough to get to but not impossible. Hopefully this helps someone else.

+ Reply to Thread