First Real Usage

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Real Usage

First Real Usage

In over a year since I have owned my machine, I never really had a practical use of the thing, other than to annoy my wife, till last Sunday. Sat nite I put an arrow thru a four pointer which decided it wasn't a good plan to stick around. I lost the trail in the dark but went in at first light, picked up the trail and found him about 120 yards in an old overgrown(grape vines, willows, small overbrush dead appletrees thorn trees etc) apple orchard. Being the resourceful lad I am, I decided to see how tough these Argos are. Small trees are no match for this thing. Thru the creek, down the creek, I got to within a couple of yards of the Buck. I had a small clearing of about 10x10, did a 180, hooked the deer to the back and dragged him out to the truck.(Couldn't lift him In the back). Took 30 minutes to go home for the Argo, go in for the deer, drag him to the trailer,load everything up and get back home.It would have been half an hour and a couple of heart attacks just to get him to the trail dragging him by myself.(I'm not young any more....not old ,just not young anymore).Now only if my wife was interested I know where I can get a deal on another one......

Good to hear you putting your machine to some use.
    Any pics of the deer?

only on my phone camera......now if I could figure that out. Where are my kids when I need them!

It is definitely nice when they make your life easier. Plus it helps you justify the purchase. Congratulations on the deer.

+ Reply to Thread