Irish 8x8 help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Irish 8x8 help

Wow, it's already home?! You move fast!

I shipped a Kadoo to Marc Q in Germany. It wasn't TOO much money, as I recall. Just put it on a couple pallets, drive it to the docks, and I'll work out all the details.

Really, though. That's truely a great find. I'd love to see more pictures and what sort of shape it's in to drool and hope I run into a similar deal someday....

~m

Sounds like a good deal, if you can sort it out yourself and not have to take it to a shop for a "resto".
    Here's an Atgo that's been for sale for a while near me:
    * * * 83 Argo 8 wheeler

Ok so here is an update, Have striped out all the chains 2 of them rusted solid(heated in oil and cleaned) looking like new now
    new tube's for all tryes so they are sorted now. have 2 inch box steel ordered and a lenght of steel tube, the only problem i have found so far is that i dont seem to have low forward gear so today i plan to take the tranny off and take a look just in case does anyone know the best pleace to find replacement gears or tranny - - engine starts first time and runs perfect. the body is in pritty good condition just a little warped (making a sub frame to pull it back into shape, I will post some better pictures today

Thanks all
    Gary

Hey Wings...

Great! You're moving a long quite well....How's the missus taking the purchase

Polyethylene bodies do tend to sag a bit over time, and with the length of your Argo it's probably to be suspected. You're right on track with a subframe support for it. They tend to respond well to just such a modification. I know nothing about the Argo transmissions, but plenty of folks here could take them apart with their eyes closed. Someone will have the info.

It's great that the engine runs well. Like I said before, over here, that engine is worth the purchase price alone....

Let's see some pictures of your subframe once it comes along...

~m

I wouldn't re-use the old chain......It may eat your sprockets up. Tubes in the tires usually are not a good idea either, at low pressure (2psi) you will probably ruin them. At higher psi (5-8) they may be ok but the machine will ride too rough.

i was thinking that the tyres on it atr not the best 4 goodyear runamuk tyres seem ok but the other 4 have had it, got 8 new tyres ordered, the chains are not to bad just where they where exposed because of no floor and they have old grease which came off once they where put in warm oil and cleand up like new, brake leavers both overhalled today and perfect, can any one forward me a link for the tranny overhall .PDF i found it before its about 450 pages but am unable to find it now and i never saved a copy

Thanks

Argo Manual

She's a biggun....

Argo Service Manual

Best to right click and "save target as" to your computer desktop.

Good luck!
    ~m

+ Reply to Thread