High gear selected with Low gear performance......is this possible

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: High gear selected with Low gear performance......is this possible

Quote Originally Posted by smog View Post
    so mine is a "GA" with 13 tooth disk-brakes and 24 sprocket on the jackshafts ( I THINK there also 2 kinds of idler shafts and you may want the one will the smaller gears (one piece with the shaft))

it is not fast even in high gear and the low range is as low as you can use in tight spots.
    I thought mine had 12 teeth on the intigrated Brake Disk/Sprocket. I could be wrong though, I have not looked lately.

How fast is yours? Mine does 23km/h (14.29mph) with a tailwind (And that's with the big tires). Mine is the slowest of the ones that I know of. In fact some go faster in low range than mine will do in high range (Example: Eddie Bower Limited Edition..........I think that's what it's called, Black Body and Lime Green Rims, Rails, ect)

RD

Sorry, not trying to highjack your thread Waylon
    I think I know of 3 Conquests around here with the High Trans Gearing. One for sure, I just checked it 20456HU is the code stamped in it. (It's the one I used to own, but sold to a friend last yr. It's one of the last yrs where they still used Double 50 chain throughout, so about '88 or '89)

This is my second Argo, and it's way faster than my first one. (04 bigfoot). Don't remember what trans the 04 had, but it was more suited to my liking. I could turn from a dead stop with a load in H on the 04. I haven't GPSed the 01, but as soon as i get it back together, I will. I think i'm going to take rogers advise and start with the clutch adjustments.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll let everyone know how this turns out.

I am here to say, listen to RD & adjust your clutches first. It is inexpensive & good maintenance.
    I'm am so happy with my ARGO after moving the spring to # 1 hole in the Driven clutch (on tranny) & pulling apart the primary clutch (engine) & I even made a shim like RD said to help boost spring pressure. The results are AMAZING!! After taking family & friends with Argo's for a ride in mine, we changed the clutch setup on 4 other Argos. Hardly ever run in LOW gear any more. I/m seriously considering 24 inch Frontier tires next. (Another upgrade RD suggested)
    Love this site & all that provide valuable expierience & expertise, all in the name of family fun!

+ Reply to Thread