power loss and limited turning ability

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: power loss and limited turning ability

power loss and limited turning ability

Question, I recently went hunting with my 8x8 Argo and I had limited power to climb small hills and could not get any speed unless I was going down a hill or on flat surface. It also effected my turning ability. Any quesses?

Sounds like it might be running on one cylinder. Start the engine when cold and after just a few seconds, check the exhaust temp from each cylinder. If one is cold you know that cylinder is not firing. If you have the Conquest, it is very common for a pushrod to fall off the rocker. Remove the rocker cover from the cold cylinder and check it. Let us know if that helps, or give more info if not.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

a little more info about your machine/ engine would be helpful. i had an 85ish argo with the 17hp kohler flat twin that would sometimes foul spark plugs and give the same simptoms you are describing
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

You don't say the year, but a messed up float will do this to you. Could be needle valve and seat, a leaking float, or incorrect float height.

Give us more info and we'll figure it out.

Planter Bob

I had a somewhat similar issue with my Vanguard 2 at the beginning of the waterfowl season. Turned out to be some gunk or piece of the carb seal fell into one of the holes in the carb. A quick cleaning and like magic i was back in the action... a week after trying to figure it out.

If you find you have more power, and it runs better with the choke out, then thats your issue... all carb.

i just went through a similar problem while deer hunting.my honda rincon ran like crap,no power just a slug.took the carb apart and all was good but noticed the remaining gas in carb would bead on my fingers.some how water had got into my tank so after dumping the tank i was back in the game.

hope this helps.

how long has the gas been in it? this new gas goes bad and your buggy wount run well at all. mabe some fresh gas and a carb cleaning would do the trick?

+ Reply to Thread