Argo Avenger Exhaust

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Avenger Exhaust

Argo Avenger Exhaust

The Argo is a fine machine ... no doubt about it. The only thing is, I wish the exhaust wasn't placed where it is. The fumes can definitely be a problem at times. Has anyone come up with a rig so that the exhaust can be directed to the back of the machine? Is that even feasible ... as far as engine requirements go, I mean. Because, I'm pretty sure an extension could be constructed to run along the left side of the machine, to the back. Covered in some way to prevent it from burning someone or melting the side of the machine.

Maybe I'm the only one that doesn't like the exhaust located where it is?

I have seen pics of one done with the Exhaust run between the upper and lower tub. There is a bit of a chanel there to work with, and I THINK it was done with jacketed pipe.
    I have also seen one with the exhaust run straight up, using the window frame as a support.

I do have a slight issue with the stock exhaust, but only when the wind is just righ to carry it back into the cockpit area. Most of the time it's not a problem.

The exhaust exiting the rear may be a problem if you have a windshield causing backwash. I had a Hustler with a windshield and the exhaust coming into the cab was terrible at any speed over 2 mph. I only notice my Argo Bigfoot when it idles and wind is blowing to the cockpit.

The newer design on the Argo is a turned down tip toward the ground. You can buy this extension from Argo or just make one yourself. I have seen this problem before. Do you have a lot of exhaust fumes? Too rich of mix. I am curious as to what you are detecting.

What year and model is your Argo?

The machine is a 2009 Agro Avenger 750 EFI, so it already has the turned down exhaust tip.

Wouldn't say it was a lot of exhaust fumes, but as far as I'm concerned any amount is too much ... especially on a long trip. It's probably worse for the front seat passenger. With the canopy up it's probably worse again ... even though the side doors and the rear door are open. No canopy, windshield down ... not too bad. But, I don't want to always be driving like that. The Rock Doctor's comment up there is very interesting. Would love to see some photos, specs, etc ...

Anyway, seems like Argo could have designed it just a little bit better than they did. And the rear seems like the appropriate place, rather than the front.

I have a Response with an internal tailpipe. The older argo bodies have more room I think to route it. The avenger/frontier, with the lower areas beside the front seat, appear to prohibit my design, as you need a double wall construction with air flow, at least on mine.

You could run a pipe down the outside.. I did at first. I suggest a perforated heat shield, motorcycle style. It would take some work, to make it safe for the passenger. Probably a coated or wrapped pipe, also. Will take some effort to not have it stick out past the rubber skirt and get bumped. Otherwise if you had a windshield you could run it upward.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    The newer design on the Argo is a turned down tip toward the ground. You can buy this extension from Argo or just make one yourself. I have seen this problem before. Do you have a lot of exhaust fumes? Too rich of mix. I am curious as to what you are detecting.

What year and model is your Argo?
    Some of the guys I ride with have had problems with the new "turned down" exhaust tip.
    It sticks out just a little past the edge of the Argo, and can get hit or pushed back when getting too close to trees. This pushes the pipe back, tearing the shroud.

We've been cutting them off a bit.

RD

+ Reply to Thread