Max Tire size on 197? Argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max Tire size on 197? Argo

Max Tire size on 197? Argo

Working on a rebuilt/restore. I have and 197? 6 wheel argo. It has 1-1/4 axles upgraded by previous owner I think. The axles have the 5 bolt hub plate welded drictly to end of axle. Manual states that the tires are 20x11x8.

Can I get bigger tires to fit? Can I put 24" on?

no 22 is max, i have a nice set of 20" runamuks for sale
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

Where in Ontario are you located? I am leaning towards some 22" for the benefits of more ground clearance. What are you asking for the 20" runamucks ?

yes i would go 22 as well for ground clearance, if you were looking for track clearance you would go 20's, im asking $400 for the set, i am in Lynden
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

Lynden, that is a nice place. I have some relatives there. I'll keep you I mind about the tires. I am not quite ready to buy yet. I have got to get it driving first then a bunch of bodywork. Am I correct to assume your price is for a set of eight as you are tha kind of guy ?

+ Reply to Thread