Elk Hunting with Argo Conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elk Hunting with Argo Conquest

Elk Hunting with Argo Conquest

100_0734-1.jpg100_0731-1.jpg100_0740-1.jpgI had the opportunity to drag out some elk we got last Saturday. I just bought my 2004 Conquest on November 4th and used it to get into our snowed in elk hunting spot in the Bighorn Mountains the second week of November. We didn't have any luck on that hunt so we went back over the Thanksgiving Holidays, we being my wife and I. It had snowed so much the last two weeks that the elk were coming off the mountain at night and going back up early in the morning, sometimes before daylight. We happened to get lucky on Saturday while we were hunting with some new friends of ours from Greybull Wy. I had a permit for a cow and so did the two other people with us and we managed to get all three elk. My wife and I tried to go back up on top with the Argo on Thanksgiving Day but chickened out after about a mile of working through some very deep snow and no one else had been going in and we were by ourselves. We had another 14 miles to go so we decided to turn back and hunt the lower country. I would have loved to work our way back in there but I just didn't feel good about going that far back without another machine to go in with us. It all worked out since we got our elk down at lower elevation. I learned alot about the Conquest these last two trips but I know I have alot to learn yet. Love this site it has alot of great people giving great information to a novice like myself.

Cool, A "Flathead Hatrick"

I was looking for one with nice soft ears myself this yr, but failed to connect

RD

I love the flavor of them cow elk. Grandpa always said, "you can't eat the horns."

good stuff!and my old mans favourite saying was"them horns make poor soup"

+ Reply to Thread