Argo chain / Any one used Allied Locke 50-2 chain?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo chain / Any one used Allied Locke 50-2 chain?

Argo chain / Any one used Allied Locke 50-2 chain?

Can any one recommend this brand for my argo which needs re-chaining.
    Thanks in advance
    Cyclone

Make sure you use the good stuff. If you think chain is expensive, try buying sprockets and taking the time to replace them.

Slim

Use good chain....i use Diamond made in the U.S.A. Diamond have a imperial brand that is made in China and i don't recommend it either. I have 200 hrs on my Avenger and still going with the Diamond chain. My two cents

Note: These machines do not push well.

Anyone use these guys? Chain is made in japan. Was told its good quality... and about $6 ft. ORIENTAL CHAIN MFG.CO.,LTD.

I used Hitachi made in Japan on mine
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Allied-Locke, if you follow their Web site, claims to be made in America. After some research, you'll find it's made in Taiwan. I forget the name of the company right now. You're most likely seeing it on eBay, for around $45 or so for 10' if memory serves.

Although there is such thing as good product coming out of Taiwan, I'd rather see you go with HKK, DID or another quality Japanese chain. These folks make timing chains for Honda and Toyota, and when is the last time you ever heard of either of those outfits breaking timing chains?

Diamond, in my opinion, is way over rated and way over priced.

For what it's worth...

Planter Bob

+ Reply to Thread