Too fast

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too fast

Too fast

The sprockets that I have on the output shafts of the trans are worn. I have single 40 chain on a 197? 6x6 argo. It has 15 tooth sprockets that are welded to the brake rotor. Argo dealer says he cannot get replacement parts from Argo but is going to keep looking elsewhere. I am thinking that I could remove the old sprocket and replace it with a weld-on sprocket and hug assy. Problem is that I cannot get a 15 tooth sprocket in a hub for 1" shaft. I can get a 16 tooth on a 1" shaft, but the question is, will my machine be too fast? I have never drove the machine, so I am new, I got the argo minus an engine. I have a 440 rotax already mounted. The trans is stamped 0184.

thanks

I don't think the 1 tooth will really make that big of a difference. If anything, it will come in handy for those times you need "Just alittle more" to climb that steep bank or get you through that muck. Speed can always be controlled by the throttle. I really don't think you will experience much of a difference.
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

Is this what you are looking for? 15 tooth 40 pitch 1" bore sprocket
    https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.a...ame=powerTrans
    I don't want to go fast, I just want to go anywhere.

wow I never new argo had a single #40 pitch setup! Does it still have high and low range? I wouldnt worry to much about it if it does and like Jeff T-boss said I dont think it will hurt anything. Maybe what kunzmm137 found for you will work and you will be all set.

Yes it does have a high and low. This is an old machine fore sure. It has a fibreglass tub. The previous owner already did an upgrade to 1 1\4 axles with 5 bolt wheels. All the chains are singles though.

Thanks kunzmm that is exactly what I was looking for. I looked on ebay and found a few, but they do not ship to Canada, I can get the 16 t sprocket from local Princess Auto or TSC

Thanks for your input, I am thinking I will have a speedy argo on my hands, according to some people that I have talked to the 440 rotax should move it quick

Some of the early Argo's had double 40 sprockets on the discs. You should be able to just run a single strand of chain on the sprockets assuming they line up.

+ Reply to Thread