where to find a cluth for 79 argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: where to find a cluth for 79 argo

where to find a cluth for 79 argo

I am looking at picking up my first argo. Just for use aroung the acreage. Seems like i would get more use out of it than a quead. Thing runs good, but needs a secondary clutch. The owner put a clutch in from a conquest in (was told by the dealer it would work) but says the unit powers out. where would i find a clutch for a 79 argo. I am from canada

What part of Canada? and what kind of motor do you have?

"The owner put a clutch in from a conquest in (was told by the dealer it would work) but says the unit powers out."
    You probably only need a new spring. Put it in neutral and rev the engine to watch it. Does the clutch open and close?

I am from edmonton AB, the unit has a 16hp tecumse (I know that is spelled wrong) the motor runs good and it has a rebuilt gearbox in it. Its not the most "perfect looking" unit but I think it would be a good start into argos and definately be needed around the acreage.

The Argo dealer on 63rd Ave could probably help you out. I've dealt with them before, and they were quite helpful.
    Gregg V

Being from Calgary I have noticed that there is alot more argo sale and serives up there. If you are look for a new used cluch and can not find one up there try Raidtrac in Calgary that guy has everything under the sun for and argo of that year. And yes I would have to agree with the outher guy it sound like you need a new spring/ rebuild on the secondary cluch.

unfortunately I have haven't stopped working in about 5 days. {Life as a heavy wrecker operater} And hopefully the unit is not sold.

+ Reply to Thread