2011 Argo Frontier 8x8 with Adair Tracks - The Beast is Here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Argo Frontier 8x8 with Adair Tracks - The Beast is Here

2011 Argo Frontier 8x8 with Adair Tracks - The Beast is Here

Tim Shafer and Mike Reed of Adair Argo outdid themselves in working with me to put together my new ultimate waterfowl hunting / mudding machine.

I had a few conversations with Tim, telling him what I was looking to accomplish with a new amphibious machine. I waterfowl hunt a lot, so I need a machine that can handle mud and can go through the water with ease. I also enjoy mudding with my Max II, and wanted a machine that could run in the baddest mud. I also wanted something that could carry multiple passengers and hunting gear. Finally, I wanted a vehicle that my wife would be comfortable operating.

The answer was a 2011 Argo Frontier 8x8 with Adair Tracks, 24" Frontier tires, skidplate, 3.3 low gear transmission, 4k winch, rear bearing extensions, bilge pump, rear hand rails, mudflaps and an outboard motor bracket.

In the first picture, Mike has just removed the factory tires to check their circumference. He found that they were a little mismatched so he pulled a few others from the Adair Argo inventory to find ones that are nearly a perfect match front and back and side to side. This will help make the machine roll easier and straighter and be lower maintaince in the long haul.

argo1.jpg[

The second picture is a view of one of the rear bearing extensions. Beefy.

argo3.jpg

The tires were sized and re-mounted. The original tires varied from 73.5" - 76.5" in circumference, which is a lot when running on hard surfaces or in a set of tracks. All outside tires are now within a quarter of an inch, with the smallest mounted on the fronts.

The custom mudflaps were then installed. These will help keep the rear of the machine clean and dry.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bud; 12-25-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Next came the winch and other accessories.

argo9.jpg

Check out the ground clearance, and the bite on those treads.

P1010260.jpg

P1010257.jpg

P1010258.jpg

P1010259.jpg

I can't wait for a change in the weather to try this bad boy out in the snow and then the mud!!

Christmas doesn't get much better than that.

Look up Disney, OK on google maps.. see if you might want to come down here sometime. It's 60 miles from me. GRDA land, official offroad area, no rules, no fees. Lots of clean water to swim and rinse in, and after a rain, good muddy woods to play in. I wold leave the tracks at home for this place, though.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

It sure looks mean. Congratulations on your new 8x8.

Wow! I am impressed. I can't wait to see that new machine in the mud and water!
    Congratulations.

I'm game for a ride at Disney, Roger.

Why leave the tracks at home - ?

nice looking machine bud.

Wow! Those tracks are pretty impressive, Bud! Great shots, too! I was very surprised to learn those factory tires varied as much as 3 inches in circumference! Seems like it wasn't because of a variaton in inflation either? I'm planning on getting a set of tracks for my 2009 750 EFI Argo Avenger this year and I'm wondering if my dealer is going to be as conscientious as yours was in checking this out. Perhaps I should mention this to him. Hope the weather changes soon and you get to try those tracks out in the snow! :-)

+ Reply to Thread