First Argo for me

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Argo for me

First Argo for me

Howdy folks, I recently bought an argo (I think it's an 84) off a friend of mine that didn't use it enough and he knew that I would. I bought it mainly for ice fishing, but will be using it all year round.
    After cleaning it all up and greasing and oiling, we moved on to getting it purring.
    I replaced the coil and fuel pump on the 17hp Kohler twin series II and now it's running perfect.
    It definately helps that my buddy has owned 3 argos and know them intimately.
    It had already had all the chains replaced ($10 at an auction) and 1 of the axles, so I was in good shape to begin with. I bought it for $1800 and have put just under $300 into it.

I have contacted ODG to try and get an ownership for it, and am waiting to hear back from them. In the meanwhile if someone can verify the year for me that would be great.
    Spec # 24313
    Model # KT17QS
    Serial # KB6702

Great site and thanks in advance for the help.

Argo 005.jpgArgo 002.jpgArgo 001.jpgArgo 006.jpgArgo 003.jpg

nice machine,canopy is a bonus for sure.if its an 1984 then you should be able to take the bill of sale to licence bureau.they will issue you a ownership.1984 and older requires no proof of age.

It really does look to be in great shape and for $2100 total invested, you seem to have gotten a great deal. For the year, if nobody here chimes in, you can email or call Argo with your serial number and they will let you know.

id say yes it is an '84 but a Very nice one at that, its and I'C model with hydro brakes and full skid plate, did you ever get a bargain it looks beautifull!
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

Thanks for the replies, fellows. Turns out it's an 85, I recieved the the bill of origin from ODG, which I took to the local license office and got my ownership and plate for it.
    The only problem I have run into is that it has the original 20x11x8 runamuks on it and 2 of them are pooched. I have search high and low with no luck finding replacements. Short of buying 8 new 22" tires, I'm not sure of my next move.
    I have found some carlisle trail wolfs in the same size, but am concerned that they may have too much tread.

[URL="http://http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk93/middlewick/TRAIL20WOLF.jpg"]http://http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk93/middlewick/TRAIL20WOLF.jpg[/URL

Let me know your thoughts on these tires, I'm thinking that stategically placed they may be ok, or I could shave them down a little.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Last edited by middlewick; 02-12-2011 at 02:46 AM.

what kind of fuel pump did you buy and what was the model and parts number for it if you could tell me it would help me a lot thanks .and if you buy 8 new 22 inch tires i would be interested in your old 20 inch tires for my 6 by 6 thanks

+ Reply to Thread