81 idler shaft assembaly

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 81 idler shaft assembaly

81 idler shaft assembaly

hi all i have a question about my right side idler shaft. I took this out today because the outer bearing (the one closest to the outside of the body) was bad the end of the shaft is slightly mushroomed and what was left of the bearing seemed to be loose on the shaft is the bearing supposed to be loose on the shaft (note the bearing is the set screw type ) or is it supposed to slide tight on the shaft i just dont know and i dont want to get a new bearing to find out i need a new idler shaft i would rather get them both at the same time if it is needed thanks agian for all your help

Hi, I had the same problem with both of mine. They should be a snug fit. I took mine to a local machine shop and he built them up with weld and then re-turned in his lathe. Everything worked great. He charged 50 / axle so I think I got a good deal. Can't imagine what a new axle would be worth?

+ Reply to Thread