hole worn in argo tub

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hole worn in argo tub

hole worn in argo tub

my tracks on my argo wore a hole on one side on the upper tub and was wondering what would make a good patch that will look good.:hmmmm2. need some info thanks, ron

Hi Ron,

This thread shows a "Bush Fix" that I made to an Argo that had holes worn into the tub. It was never intended to be permanent, but is still up and running strong. Something similar might work for you:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...e-mission.html

RD

Excellent looking bush repair RD.

I myself got track pin worn holes, plasic welded at a local bumper plating shop "Supreme Plating" In Edmonton they allso used puckboard [Hockey arena stuff] to reinforce the repair,

It only cost me $150.00 8 years ago and saved me about 2g on the purchase price of the old girl as she was a rental unit with less than 30 hours on it.

thanks for the info, going to give it a try, thanks again. Hope to get some pics up soon,ron

Another idea, if you can find it, is to use the same material the tub is made from and make a patch and rivit it on.. When someone backed a quad into mine they pushed the winch into the tub and put a small hole in it (from the bracket). I took it into the dealer and they made a patch out of an old tub, sealed it and rivited it in place. That was 3 years ago and it looks like it was supposed to be there..

+ Reply to Thread