Argo Tracks and Gas Tank Overflow Hole

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Tracks and Gas Tank Overflow Hole

Argo Tracks and Gas Tank Overflow Hole

Two questions:
    1. I installed new tracks on my Argo Avenger a short while ago (I just uploaded a few photographs for anyone who is interested) and the first time I tried her out, at times I could smell what I figured might be the brakes. It didn't last long, but it did come back a few times on the trip. There weren't any excessive sidehill turns or anything like that. Is this normal break-in stuff or something I should be concerned about?

2. This is a totaly different situation. The gas tank overflow line exits the machine in the rear and it never even entered my mind before, but couldn't water enter the tank through this hole if I have it out in the lake and using an outboard motor. Or, is there a one way valve on this overflow line?
    Last edited by Zircon; 04-12-2011 at 04:28 PM.

The fuel tank vent line is up pretty high at the back, the water isnt usually anywhere near that high, as for a check valve, im not sure but now that you mention it, it is higher than the tank itself so I would think that there is one. I dont know why they dont just vent the cap?? But I have never had any issues with water in the fuel tank and I have run in water alot.
    09' ARGO Avenger 750 EFI
    With near every option Argo makes
    and a few they don't

the vent line comes off the fuel fill tube (inside of the upper body, just down from the end where the cap locks onto) so it should be "uphill" from the level of the rear vent location to where the line taps into the fuel system.

Matthew

Just wondering what part of the rock you are from,i am from st .marys bay and i have a 2006 avenger with the rubber tracks and did not have any problems yet.i use my argo in water alot loaded with moose and all the gear but did not have any issues .i remember one time i crossed a pond with a couple of guys in and a coustom rack loaded down and a short time later i had a problem with water in the gas.i thought it was water from a jerry can,but now i know it was from the vent,so i say they dont have a check valve in the line.

Keep in mind it is a very low pressure system and a vent on the check valve may be more like a plug than a check valve, meaning that the pressure of the gas vapours won't be enough to over come the internals of the check valve. I can't see a ball check working due to the angles that one is on at times..

Just my thoughts...

+ Reply to Thread