Back to ARGO after 20years.....New to 6 X 6 world.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Back to ARGO after 20years.....New to 6 X 6 world.

Back to ARGO after 20years.....New to 6 X 6 world.

Hi Gents, I just purchased a new 750HDI w/Tracks and I have intentions of really putting it to the test. I grew up hunting and fishing with ARGO and I have very fond memories of the places we used to go and things they woud do. Watching Rock Doctor's vids brings a tear to my eye. Now a little older, I have decided I have had enough of killing quads and I want to BOLDLY go where few have gone before... Plus my new ARGO has 2-Beer holders LOL. Anyway, I was hoping some of you seasoned vets could help me with a list of necessary tools and parts etc I should pack that will keep me out of trouble and at least get out of the bush. I live up here in Northern Canada and if ever there was a place that is hard on equipment LOL. My memory of the old ARGO's is that of persistent repair, we packed enough tools and parts to field overhaul that whole monster. I have been wondering if they are still the same and of course the dealer wont tell you the truth. Thanks Fellas...

"Plus my new ARGO has 2-Beer holders LOL."
    The first thing you need to add is a cooler to replenish the holders when they run dry.

That 750HDI has the addition of the Barley Pop carrying boot right? That's what I'd call well equipped.

As long as you do some maintenance every couple rides (check chains, grease, lube... 15-20 minutes) you wont need much at all for tools. I have an Avenger that is less than 1 year old with 1600 miles and counting right now and so far zip, zero problems. I do carry tools for my ATV buddies though LOL!! I am also in Northern Canada so I agree that we can be pretty hard on our equipment.
    09' ARGO Avenger 750 EFI
    With near every option Argo makes
    and a few they don't

Welcome to the site and congratulations on being back in the hobby again. There are a few threads on the site regarding tools and supplies to carry with you. You can search for some of the past discussions. Here's one to get you started:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...y-supplys.html

Cool

Welcome back to the Dark side Bwahahaha.
    Oh wait thats the other guys, May the Argo be with you.

+ Reply to Thread