2003 conquest what is it worth

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2003 conquest what is it worth

Quote Originally Posted by 28560HUNTING View Post
    Ok now i have to decide 2003 or 1996 only difference i can see is the hours(200 more on the 1996) and the chain in the rear double 50 on the 1996 and single 60 on the 2003.what to do?????????????????????????
    Ah heck, get them both! Everyone needs two Argo's! As RD pointed out there will be a few things changed for the better on the 2003 over the 1996. One thing I also like about my 2003 vs my 2000 is the factory wiring seems cleaner on the new machine.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonte Halleran View Post
    hi rd i am selling my 2006 camo avenger with 285hrs ,tracks ,top and all the other extras except plow for 20 k ,is that price fair or too much.i live in nfld and want to get the 2011 or 2012 hdi with bucket seats.the argo was only used for moose hunting.
    I'm not in the market for one, but I think that would be a hard sell around here. Not saying it's not worth it, but people always want the best for nothing.

RD

Yes boys but the price with supertracks for the 1996 in good at 3000.00 not????

Quote Originally Posted by 28560HUNTING View Post
    Yes boys but the price with supertracks for the 1996 in good at 3000.00 not????
    YES, it is a good price.

And too boot boys she comes with a front window only thing missing is the winch never had one it was just used around the farm

If the super tracks are in good shape then its a great deal. I'm interested in knowing how this turns out. Lucky for me I can't find deals on Argos like that. If I could I'd have a couple more.

Argo safe and sound in my shop

I opted for the 96 conquest it is safe and sound in my shop,it does need a little loving though no head lights,brake cooling fan not working and needs chains but the price was right,i bought it for under 3000.it sat for a long time without starting(like many years)pulled the spark plug boots off hit the key to make sure it got some oil.reinsatlled plug boots,a little choke hit the key and drove it on my trailer.wow was impressed.will update repairs later.tomorrow pressure wash as very dirty,greasy and oily

+1

Has anybody had wiring problems with a conquest???i have no headlights or brake fan.suspect broken wire somewhere has anybody had this problem???

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    The cracks are from winching. Pulling hard with the winch flexes the body and the internal winch bracket quite a bit sometimes.
    I don't think this is the only reason. Mine had these (what I called eyebrows) when I bought it. I welded them shut - adding material. I have never had the opportunity to use my winch. This winter the eyebrow on one side returned. Good news is that it cracked down through the middle of the weld so the weld held. I guess I needed to test that.

I am guessing that this is a problem with the different coefficients of expansion of the plastic body material and the metal frame attached underneath. Or maybe the plastic attached to the metal stays cooler and expands less than the free plastic next to it. I have no idea why this is an issue with some and not others and I have no idea if winching may start it (like I said bought mine used). I looked at 4 conquests in this area and they all exhibited this phenomenon. All that I saw were pre-2000 models.

Perhaps winching in some way (particularly hard, vertical, to the left, to the right, from upside down??? ) deforms the front in such a way that the problem is more prone? Hey, mine does have the internal winch frame...

+ Reply to Thread