HDI heavy duty belt

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HDI heavy duty belt

HDI heavy duty belt

hey has anyone used both the non heavy duty and heavy duty belts part #s are 127-137 and 127-137HD i belive. the reason i ask is i am looking for a spare belt to carry with me so i dont get stuck in the middle of no where, if i do happen to blow one currently there is the non heavy duty belt on the argo (2011 750 hdi BTW) and it does squeal when under heavy load will the HD belt cure this and is it worth the nearly double price difference.

If your machine is still under warranty and having belt squeal problems you should insist that Argo replace the belt with a heavy duty belt, Argo seems to be in denial about the belt squeal problem, you may have to get fussy with them but there is no excuse for not replacing your belt with the heavy duty version, then you could use the original belt as your back up.

If your belt is squealing now what's it going to do when you get in a really bad situation and need to put power to the wheels-it's going to fail-make sure you insist on a replacement.

I forgot to mention-I had several belt squeal problems until my dealer replaced the original with a heavy duty belt, I get an occasional squeal now but but nothing serious and not to often, you may have to go the route that I and several other HD owners have already taken and start running with your hood off to help keep the belt cool, it really helps.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 05-17-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Smoked a couple belts this week...

I am happy to know there is a different belt, I had a monster load and trailer and tore up a couple belts this week on a fishing trip, I will be sure to inquire.

+ Reply to Thread