Newbie gets first Argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Newbie gets first Argo

You can also exhaust the heat through the hood scoop on the 750 models. I know of 19 machines that are out there with no problems in commercial use. I would also like to see a low gear transmission come out in the admiral also like the older models. All must make decisions on what to do so good luck with what ever choice you make.

Does the 18hp have heat issues in the 6x6? Is there an exhaust mod or system that flows better without getting the heat buildup? I do like it quiet. The hood scoop looks cool imo, does that hood fit right on a bigfoot?? You guys planning a ride, I'm in, but need some time to get this bigfoot up to snuff. I am awaiting frnt rear winch mounts, a warn rt40, outboard brkt, and a new seat back rail. Speaking of outboard bracket......I got a sweet 73' evinrude self contained "mate" 2HP to run on the back, not sure of thrust poundage but it moves my 12' alum boat pretty good. Any thoughts on how it might move the bigfoot against a 5~6mph brook?

I appear to have a charging issue. At low idle the amp gauge drops all the way to left. When I idle it up or drive it, the gauge shows it charging. Normal? Started fine when cold, after riding it around for 30 mins or so with lights on, it barely started again. thoughts?

from what i have read in the manuals and heard here is that you need the throttle open at least 3/4 of the way before it will charge the battery. i guess problems can arise if you are plowing say at night with lights on. with lights on and using the winch to raise and lower the blade it's a real drain on the battery. you can put an alternator kit in but i've heard it robs horse power, possibly up to 5 horse. i would like to do a new england ride but i'm with you, i need time to finish refurbishing the drive train on my 01' bigfoot. my brother and i don't usually head up to freedom maine until july anyway due to the bugs. we camp so most time is spend outside and the bugs can get annoying. i think an early fall ride would be great. like i said i would like to get a good look at castro's bigfoot with the hdi upgrades. beaverdam argo atv has the manuals available for download i really suggest getting the parts and service manual.

trevor

+ Reply to Thread