First big trip for the 8yr old driver

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First big trip for the 8yr old driver

First big trip for the 8yr old driver

Well, we made it, this was the first big trip for my 8yr old Argo Pilot. The trip in took about 3hrs, first half, to the creek was pretty easy going (The ground was still frozen, so the deep holes had a bottom to them) but made for a good test. Myriah did very well and really impressed her Grandma. I ended up letting her run my machine with the 24" Frontier Tires and the 27hp engine, for a number of reasons but mostly becouse my throttle is very easy to operate (makes a huge difference over a long trip), and becouse trying to operate hers with the rubber tracks on it in the mud, muskeg, and tight trees was a PITA (I actually ended up ripping the tracks off and left them out in the damn bush..............it made for an interesting ride home without them).
    Also blew a seal in the Master Cylinder on that machine, so had to deal with it on the Mosquito infested trail. Working on hot equipment is never good, pretty sure I burnt every one of my fingers rebuilding it, but I had to hurry, The bugs were trying to fly off with my younger kids
    I took the Rotary Exchange Student out with us, he's from Bolivia. He had never done something like this before, I think he had a pretty good time with us. The ice is still on the lake, but it's breaking along the edges. Just enough open water to haul out the Kayaks and play around a bit (Sailboat and Sea-Doo type toys will have to wait till next weekend).

Here is a look at the First half of the trip in (To the bridge)

I will post more vids/pics on this thread as I get them made.

Off to Fiddle Lessons with the youngest right now

RD

"So, Bolivia; That's in Africa, right?" Too funny...

Great video as usual, RD. I've heard legends of the Great Canadian Mosquito. Hard to believe you let your dogs run loose with that sort of airborne preditor about.

Wow. You guys and gals are wearing light clothing. Back here in Buffalo NY we are still bundled up due to never ending cold rain day after day after day.....

And I thought we had mosquitos bad.

Nice vid. Your girl is a natural at driving that rig. My 9 year old always wants to go on the argo. He is still learning on a smooth trail (as I am myself) as I am new to the argo thing. Have scouted a few trails on my 4 wheeler that I plan to try out in the near future. Keep the vids coming.

Great video your girls do rock at agroing. keep up the fun

Few pics

Great movie Rock and awesome pictures. Myriah did great with the machine and now you can carry twice as much! Thanks for posting and look forward to part 2.

"Argo Hill"

Final stretch to the Cabins

RD

Sunk Snowmobile rescue:
    At the end of the vid, the native guys explain how this happened. Cool guys, true "live off the land" kinda guys. They had been in the bush for 3 weeks at this point, and have everything on them that they brought for the trip.

RD

+ Reply to Thread