Best Older Argo?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Older Argo?

Best Older Argo?

After running into marsh that my ATV can't swim thru, I have decided that an Argo may be the answer. Knowing nothing about them I am looking for advice on which older models are the good ones and which are maybe better to avoid. What are the stengths and weaknesses of an Argo. Any help would be appreciated.

I couldn't tell you, never driven an older argo. Evil8x8 seemed to know when I talked to him about it. Maybe he can chime in, but let me ask you why Argo? If you want an older amphibious vehicle there are many to choose from with different strengths and weeknesses. Most of them can be built up to be tough as nails. I would recomend a hustler 980 or an attex, but I like the looks of them. There's a lot of machines that use the same transmision as the machines I mentioned as well. It too is tough as nails. (the t-20 tranny). If you do some research you could find that there's a t-20 machine out there that will do what you want it to and you think looks pretty cool to.

You're in luck, in about a month we have a special little get together where you can check out lots of different machines. Please come on by and check it out (the homebrew is free at my campsite)
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-a...26-2011-a.html
    Heres what last year looked like:
    Attached Images

Hi odrg, welcome to the site. What is your price range? That may help with some suggestions. If you are looking in the $4-5k range, I think a Bigfoot would be a good choice. Get one as new as possible with the lowest hours as possible. I think that would be the best bang for your buck. That's an affordable range and they are dependable machines. If you can spend more then you can start looking at even newer models.

I think you should find a bigfoot, I really like mine....its my first aatv. Find one with tracks for marsh running.

+2 on Bigfoot. About the best buy out there. I like the new heat tires, if you go with tracks in marsh go Adair I would if could convince the wife

+ Reply to Thread