Damaged Ignition System 2010 Hdi

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Damaged Ignition System 2010 Hdi

Damaged Ignition System 2010 Hdi

Hi. I have a 2010 Argo 750 Hdi and my battery drained out over the winter. I had to get it moved so I jumped it. That worked fine initially but when I had to move it again with new battery it would not start. The starter turns over fine but it seems like the EFI or ignition system is not working.

I then turned to the owners manual which states do not jump the battery or you could damage the ignition system. The fuel is fine and the spark plug is good. There is only 100 miles on this machine. Now I am thinking I have damaged the ignition system but do not know where to begin to repair it. Is there a fusable link before the brain box that would have fried before damaging the EFI? Any help would be appreciated before I have Argo dealer come out. Thanks.

Pull the spark plugs out and see if you get spark to either one of them.

I have been trouble shooting and came to the realization that the Fuel Pump is not turning on. I get a click on and off when I turn the key on but no humm of the pump running and turning off. So, does anyone know if there a some sort of fusable link running to the fuel pump? I really don't think the fuel pump is bad seeing how there is less than 36 hours on this machine - but you never know. At least the problem is isolated now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaulinn View Post
    I have been trouble shooting and came to the realization that the Fuel Pump is not turning on. I get a click on and off when I turn the key on but no humm of the pump running and turning off. So, does anyone know if there a some sort of fusable link running to the fuel pump? I really don't think the fuel pump is bad seeing how there is less than 36 hours on this machine - but you never know. At least the problem is isolated now.
    Pretty sure there would be a fuse on the fuel pump circut, but not where it's located on your machine. You could always try to power it direct to see if it works

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Shaulinn View Post
    My 2007 EFI Avenger has an engine diagnosis set up that makes the fuel pump hum and the dash lights glow a set number of times when you turn the key on but don,t start it. to indicate that all systems are go. Supposedly the dealer can guess where to look if the pump comes on a fewer number of times? It does sound like you may have blown a fuse ? or? I have a decal under the hood showing the use of each fuse. Good luck

Replaced the fuel pump and everything is working great now. Somehow the fuel pump went bad by jumping the battery on the machine. Anyway - I appreciate the help. Ready to go riding now

+ Reply to Thread