Best tire and oversize on bigfoot

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best tire and oversize on bigfoot

Best tire and oversize on bigfoot

So I swapped my BF 25" wheels onto my MaxII, and put the argo poly tracks back on my BF, but the ride is very hard and they really cant swim. So I'm wondering if a 26" or 27" tire can be used on the BF, and what is the best tread out there for swampy muck, and swimming? Thanks.

MightymaxIV tried the Swamp Fox Plus ,Vampire and ASX atv tires on his Max IV and he told me that out of the three atv tires he,d tried on his Max IV,the Swamp Fox Plus tire performed the best over all in the conditions that he liked to ride in.The Swamp Fox Plus tires swim about 1.5 mph in the water he told me, and were great in the mud and swamp conditions.

Last edited by mudbug3; 05-26-2011 at 01:17 PM.

no one has tried to put 26" or 27" on one of these argo?

I have 25 heat tires and they are very tight see my post and pics

I am not sure of the wheel base on an Argo Bigfoot but I don't believe that you can run anything over a 25" tire. With that limitation and the Bigfoots low mountain goat gearing I would damn the swim speed and go for a set of the new interco amphibious tires that will fit your stock 9" Argo rim. If you can get a least 1 MPH swim speed you should be good for ponds or water without currents. You don't have swim speed, but you should have awesome mudding trail ability.

If you want the absolute set up put on a set of 22" Runamucks on the machine and add a set of Adair Tracks. I have witnessed first hand the absolutely awesome mudding ability of a Bigfoot with this set up. I have also seen this set up swim and would guess about 1 1/2 MPH water speed. There are several videos of this machine posted but here is just one.
    I watched this Bigfoot run through every mud hole and swamp area we could find at river run and never saw this machine come close to getting stuck. The driver in this video is Robert who bought this machine after this track equipped Bigfoot pulled his Argo Bigfoot out of the Mud several times in one day.

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 06-02-2011 at 04:18 AM.

Here's another video with Roberts wife driving the same Bigfoot at River Run, the only wheeled vehicle that could make it through this mud was Noel's awesome Mudbug equipped MaxII

+ Reply to Thread