Unidentified 6x6 on TV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unidentified 6x6 on TV

Unidentified 6x6 on TV

I was watching Gearz TV this weekend and Stacey David had a beast of a 6x6 in the shop. I know he has previously worked on a sur-trek and I guess he has caught the amphibious fever like many of us. I trolled the net today searching for a pic to post, but I can’t seem to find one. I think you can go to staceydavid.com and watch episode 8 from this season (5). I would link it but I’m currently at work and can’t do the YouTube thing. The last few minutes of the episode, they show him driving the thing around the shop. I did not recognize it, and was curious if anyone else could. It looks to be very comparable to a KID but a 6x6 with larger tires.

Thats funny ,I was searching his website this past weekend trying to find out what that was, i even check some military sites and cant find a thing, I know there was an episode where he was draging it out of the woods from a sweet new trailer set up he put together on a show not to long ago

In the very beginning of the clip there was a large 6x6 shown. Is that what you are referring to?

That was a restored M-561 Gama Goat. M-561 6X6 GAMA GOAT MILITARY TRUCK I drove one early in my military years. I remember they were very temperamental machines and broke down often. I remember one time the right center tire broke off and passed us going down a hill. Strange part is after I lost the wheel, it drove better with just 5. Everyone in my unit was so happy when they replaced them with brand new HMMWVs.
    Last edited by Dan67; 06-20-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Well season 5 episode 8 is a Ram truck? But season 4 episode 1 is a gama goat.

Thank you for all your info, but this machine he is working on is not a gama goat like in the picture, It is some kind of full sized 6+6 almost think it may be a Kid,

Yeah the ram truck one, you will have to watch the end of the episode to see the machine. It looks to be a really cool machine.

Yep, thats the show with the red Dodge ram, I hope someone can tell us what machine that is, because I want one

Not having any idea about this TV show, but if the 6 x 6 was that big, could it be an Alvis Stalwart? MilitaryJeep.com - Alvis Stalwart 6x6 FV622

No. It wasn't that big. The size is more compariable to a Geo Tracker or a Jeep.

I saw a repeat of the show last night and have been searching the web to figure out what it is, it is definitely not a Gamma Goat, it looks like an enlarged version of a Max Buffalo Truck without the tilt bed on it and by the color of it it looked military, it was painted Olive Drab (OD) green. I'll keep searching and report back if I find out anything about it.

+ Reply to Thread