you must read this please all argo owners-must see you tube video

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: you must read this please all argo owners-must see you tube video

you must read this please all argo owners-must see you tube video

If you go to you tube and type argo cart or argo cart jumps the first link should be of a newer 8x8 argo jumping and sinking.It is posted by mega****pigThis is why I am terrified to try my scrambler out in water.Please check it out fellow 6x6's and leave some comments on what the guy did wrong.I would be very mad at my buddies for jumping off for one thing and the video makes me think a bilge pump is a must.It only has like a little over 1200 hits.Its quite funny.

Bilge pump is a must if you want to play in the water. Actually when you go into the water and you do not know the depth or it is a sharp drop off go in backwards...but that is a little tough when traveling at a high speed. This is proof that anything can be destroyed.

He did a nose dive and took a wave over the bow, filling the tub with water. His buddies were no help when they piled on and brought more water in with their extra weight.

Had he eased into the water he would not have had a problem.

I put a 16hp flat twin briggs in my scrambler and it is extremely rear end heavy-the front tires do not even touch the ground-Its great on land but this video leads me to believe that I will take water in over the rear of the body.-maybe not.What is the mininum depth of water to try a 6x6 out??--I know my I/O boat needs mininum of three feet.
    Last edited by flippy; 06-27-2011 at 06:41 PM.

He had a substantial leak and had already been in the water. You can see how nose heavy it is right away when he enters. Where the tub and top meet aren't sealed and his are under water from the start leaking even more. Maintain your machine, and don't go full blast into water with a full tub (I'd pick better friends than this guy too) and you'll have no worries. (not what I would consider a "newer" Argo, probably 25 years old with poor maintenance)
    Last edited by vader8x8; 06-27-2011 at 10:47 PM.

you are right i have never seen an 8 wheel that nose heavy in the water ever even with ROPS so somethin just is not right to begin with
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

Not the smartest move I've ever seen. I've been in all kinds of water and swamp, but I guess it depends how you go about it.

Slim

Might be a N00B idea but did he have the drain plug in??? Dosent look like the sharpest bunch of gents in the land. I hope my "friends"dont all start laughing when im sinking. At least thow the guy a rope to tie on to the cage to help pull it out. Any one else but me notice no life vest? Dont think planning is really big deal to this crew. Looks like all those guys probbably egged him into it. Hope it turns out ok!

+ Reply to Thread