Is it worth trading up to an Avenger?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it worth trading up to an Avenger?

Post Is it worth trading up to an Avenger?

Hello there.. I am new to this site and was just seein if the avengers are worth changing up to from a conquest. Does the bigger tires help out quite a bit. They also have more hp too. My conquest hasnt failed me at all.. goes most places i want to go but just not everywhere. Are the Avengers that much better or not?

Thanks ANDY
    2002 Argo 8x8 Conquest with tracks,custom front bumper,winch,spotters,homemade windshield,and toolbox. SOLD
    2012 Argo 8x8 Avenger HDI. 3500#warn, Adair Argo cover

u might want to talk to rock doc on that he loves his conquest . lewis has had both check with him . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Hi Andy

I'm not going to get into a huge debate, The Avenger is a good machine, so is the Conquest. Now, you say your Conquest has never let you down, and that it will take you MOST places. Personally I have never seen an Avenger go someplace that I couldn't go with my Conquest's.........it might make it there a little easier, but I will get there too.

Your Conquest is probably worth somewhere around 5 Grand. It's up to you whether kicking in another 20 grand makes it worth getting there a little easier

I find that there are a few things I like better about both machines. The tires, clearance, and power of the Avengers is awesome. The simplicity, reliability, strength, and price of the Conquest is also great (for a mimimal fee a Conquest can have an upgraded power plant, modified clutches, upgraded Bearings/axles, and oversized tires)

Not a great answer, but I hope it helps
    RD

I have never run my Conquest with a Avenger so no side by side comparisions for me. However, I can say I have made it every place I have ever seen a Avenger at here in Alaska in my Conquest. Avengers probably can get there faster with the bigger engine and may not get stuck as much with the with higher ground clearance. I simply can't justify an upgrade when my Conquest is still reliable enoguh to think I can count on it getting me some 30 miles of the road and back. Or, maybe its just that I'm too tight with the wallet to think that bigger & faster is needed!

Thanks guys for the input just might just consider keeping the ol conquest.. seems to work well and best yet its paid off!! I dont think the extra 10G is worth it for bigger tires and more hp.
    2002 Argo 8x8 Conquest with tracks,custom front bumper,winch,spotters,homemade windshield,and toolbox. SOLD
    2012 Argo 8x8 Avenger HDI. 3500#warn, Adair Argo cover

it is interesting to note u were wondering if u shld go to an avenger. I have a bigfoot ,l8 hp, tracks,winter cover,etc with all the goodies l want. as for carrying capacity l made a receiver that will accomodate a cargo carrier and pull a trailer together or separetly. I thought of going to a conquest but l like my 6x6 with all the goodies l want on it. it's paid for and at this time l really don't want to spend any $ . But l'm like most people and am always looking and drooling and wishing and wondering

Ok, i have a 2006 Avenger with the normally aspirated engine. I really enjoy my machine. I had a 2003 Conquest and it too was a great machine and have seen it a few times and it is still doing well. I moved up to the Avenger for the bigger tires, more power and i loved the way the black Avenger looked. Was it worth the difference in money......maybe..maybe not, but i wanted it. As i said it is a 2006 and i have had no problems with it. The tires are a great advantage but as said before. When i run with the 6 wheel guys which machines are more nimble and shoot through the paths easier then my school bus, but we all get there. I don't know if this has helped but my Advice is. if you have a machine and you are perfectly satisfied with it ........keep it. If you want to move up in year models and want a few different things then go for the Avenger. Just my opinion.

Lewis

+ Reply to Thread